Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Pandora recommendation

I find myself listening more and more to Pandora when I'm online and it is s GREAT product! So much so that if they don't get compatible with Blackberry soon enough, I may have to consider a Windows Mobile compatible mobile phone next time around. If you haven't tried it, I recommend that you do. Tell it one of your favourite singers, bands or albums and it will create your very own internet radio station just for you. It is incredibly effective at figuring out your likes and dislikes. And did I mention that it is free?

At the moment I'm listening to one of my stations based on Sarah McLachlin and it has served up Dido, Coldplay, the Pretenders, Snow Patrol, The Cranberries, Norah Jones and Sixpence None The Richer. Pretty cool I think. And free!

www.pandora.com

2 comments:

MIA said...

I used to listen to this in the States too. Unfortunately it's not available outside the country, although I'm guessing the UK may have it's own version.
But, I have my very own version of Pandora right in my own iTunes! I have a music collecting hobby. If it's free, I'll take it no matter what, if it's not free I require a bit more persuading, but I'll probably still take it. This means that I have what I would consider a relatively extensive iTunes Music Library, and I'd guess that I've never listened to 50% of it. Until now. The newer versions of iTunes have an application called Genius. Maybe you've heard about it, but it's my new favourite thing to play with. If you're connected to the internet, then while you are listening to a song, a little side bar will come up giving you suggestions of other songs/artists you may like. Or if, like me, you want to explore the music you already own but didn't know about, you can click on a song, click the Genius button and it creates a playlist of related music right out of your own library! Who knew I owned Fiona Apple's cover of "Across the Universe" by The Beatles? Not me. But it's good.

Brian McPhee said...

I did see the Genius bar come up, but I killed it as I have decided to pretty well stop buying music as I alreday have more than I listen to. But I didn't know it could look within your own library, so I need to turn it on again and get that working. Thanks!